The FireWise Company Inspection Program is a comprehensive online course, endorsed by the Institution of Fire Engineers.
It is designed to increase the knowledge base of firefighters who currently perform fire safety inspections or prepare new firefighters for their role in a fire department company inspection program. This training is available to both individuals and fire departments in Canada and the USA. It is a practical tool that will teach you how to conduct a fire safety inspection on low occupant load, low-risk public buildings.
Who should take the Company Inspection Program?
Fire Officers and firefighters who currently perform fire safety inspections or new firefighters to prepare them for a role in a fire department company inspection program.
- Two versions available based on the National Building and Fire Codes of Canada, and the International Building and Fire Codes which is widely used in the United States.
- Exceeds the job performance requirements of the NFPA 1021 Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications, sections 4.5.1 and 4.5.2.
- A cost-effective way to gain valuable fire prevention and life safety education
- A practical training tool that will increase the knowledge base of fire officers and firefighters who currently perform company inspections or prepare new participants for their role in a company inspection program.
- University-quality curriculum; easy to navigate learning platform.
- Customization options are available.
Curriculum is available online.
Ten modules with a quiz after each, concluding with a final exam.
Online training 8 +/- hours.
$339 plus applicable taxes. Group pricing for groups of five or more is available. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drawing on his forty years of fire service experience, Bob Turley shows us what to look for during fire safety inspections of low-risk low occupant load buildings that make up more than 70% of the buildings in most communities. This course is based on decades of life-work experience and on-going research. To read Bob’s comprehensive bio, click here.
Endorsed by the Institution of Fire Engineers – Canada Branch and peer-reviewed extensively by Canadian fire service professionals.
Course certificate awarded for final examinations with a 70% or higher score.
A high-speed internet connection and current internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
PDF textbook available upon request.
- Course administrators available by email or phone for questions, assistance, and technical support.