Complete our Online Fire Inspector Training Level I and II
The FireWise Certified Fire Inspector program meets or exceeds the job performance requirements (JPR) of the National Fire Protection Association Standard 1031 (NFPA 1031 training) “Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Inspector and Plans Examiner” Levels l and ll. It has been created in response to requests for certified Fire Inspector Level l and ll online training programs based on Canadian Codes and Standards.
Who should take the Fire Inspector courses?
- to meet the JPRs of NFPA 1031 Level I, II, or both at the same time.
- increase their skills in using the Canadian Fire & Building Codes and referenced standards.
- to seek employment or advancement in fire prevention and building fire safety management.
Fire Inspector Level I
At the conclusion of Level, I participants will have the knowledge and skills to conduct basic fire inspections and evaluate the fire safety of buildings. They will understand the fire inspection process, fire protection systems both passive and active, and be familiar with codes and standards that apply in Canada.
Fire Inspector Level II
Participants will further develop their knowledge and skills to review and process plans, conduct complex inspections, respond to complaints, and make informed recommendations based on the codes they enforce.
Fire Inspector Training Level I & II Combined
This comprehensive program combines the JPR of both Level l and Level II. Participants attain both Levels in one course saving time and money.
- Prepares students to meet the NFPA job performance requirements for the Fire Inspector level they wish to attain.
- Provides a foundation for proficient use of applicable Canadian Codes and Standards.
- Provides knowledge and skills to conduct fire inspections and evaluate the fire safety of buildings, fire protection systems, and conformity with codes and standards.
- Easy to navigate university adult learning quality platform.
Course Fee Detail
The course tuition fees are for the Knowledge-Based curriculum. A SEPARATE tuition fee is collected and paid to the College of the Rockies for the Pro Board® certification. The two fees will be added during the checkout process if Pro Board® certification is requested.
$1,167.00 – Level 1 course fee
+$ 300.00 – The College of the Rockies (COTR) evaluation & certification fee
$1,467.00 Total plus applicable tax
$1,167.00 – Level 2 course fee
+ $ 450.00 – The College of the Rockies (COTR) evaluation & certification fee
$1,617.00 Total plus applicable tax
$1,667.00 – Level 1 and 2 combined course fee
+ $ 600.00 – The College of the Rockies (COTR) evaluation & certification fee
$2,267.00 Total plus applicable tax
35+/- hours over15 modules concluding with an online final exam.
To contact the course instructor please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fire Wise offers training for the NFPA Professional Qualification levels NFPA 1031 Fire Inspector 1 and Fire Inspector 2. Pro Board® Accredited Certification to these levels is provided by the College of the Rockies. Make sure to add the certificate fee to your cart at check-out, and FireWise will guide you through the certification process.
High-speed internet connection and current internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
All material needed will be available through our online learning platform. Access to the National Building Code and National Fires Code is required and available free of charge online.
- The in-house course instructor is available by email or phone for questions and assistance.
- Technical support available during regular business hours.
Download Our Frequently Asked Questions