The government of British Columbia has allocated additional funding to support rural, First Nations, and volunteer fire departments throughout the province. As per a statement from the Office of the Premier, this financial assistance will be directed towards enhancing the equipment and training capabilities of these local fire departments.
Receive our newsletters
- New study unveils breakthrough in forest fire detection despite environmental changes
- Why fall’s arrival hasn’t shaken off the impact of B.C.’s ‘exceptional’ drought
- Firefighter makes breakfast for children after mom taken to hospital
- Tracking Canada’s Extreme 2023 Fire Season
- FireSmart is key to structural protection, Canadian Wildfire Conference