The onset of significant, intense wildfires posing a recurring threat to communities in British Columbia has occurred earlier than anticipated by earlier research. Experts emphasize that the unprecedented 2023 season should require immediate action.
Receive our newsletters
- New study unveils breakthrough in forest fire detection despite environmental changes
- Why fall’s arrival hasn’t shaken off the impact of B.C.’s ‘exceptional’ drought
- Firefighter makes breakfast for children after mom taken to hospital
- Tracking Canada’s Extreme 2023 Fire Season
- FireSmart is key to structural protection, Canadian Wildfire Conference