When firefighters battle a blaze in a rugged, mountainous region, one of their biggest challenges is simply staying in touch. Their handheld radios often don’t stay connected to each other, and many fire crews lack simple, off-the-shelf solutions, such as the portable systems the U.S. armed forces use to set up a communication network in places where infrastructure is lacking.
Receive our FireWatch
Search our Firewatch
- Communities benefit from funding for firefighting equipment, training
- Lithium ion batteries have caused 4 times amount of fires than this time last year, FDNY says
- Firefighters battle blaze at Hong Kong high-rise building site
- Multi-storey buildings being built ignoring fire safety
- Lithium-ion battery blamed for yet another fast-moving fire, New York City officials say