The FireWise CIP – Company Inspection Program
A comprehensive online course endorsed by the Institution of Fire Engineers.
It is designed to increase the knowledge base of firefighters who currently perform fire safety inspections or prepare new firefighters for their role in a fire department company inspection program. This training is available to both individuals and fire departments in Canada and the USA. It is a practical tool that will teach you how to conduct a fire safety inspection on low-occupant load, low-risk public buildings.
Who should take the Company Inspection Program?
Fire Officers and firefighters who currently perform fire safety inspections or new firefighters to prepare them for a role in a fire department company inspection program.
- Based on the International Building and Fire Codes widely used in the United States.
- Exceeds the job performance requirements of the NFPA 1021 Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications, sections 4.5.1 and 4.5.2.
- A cost-effective way to gain valuable fire prevention and life safety education
- A practical training tool that will increase the knowledge base of fire officers and firefighters who currently perform company inspections or prepare new participants for their role in a company inspection program.
- University-quality curriculum; easy-to-navigate learning platform.
- Customization options are available.
The curriculum is available online.
There are ten modules with a quiz after each, concluding with a final exam. New in 2023, perform a virtual inspection on a building, take notes and test your findings.
Online training 8 +/- hours.
The CIP Company Inspection program costs $317 USD
Group pricing for groups of five or more is available. For more information contact us.
Drawing on his forty years of fire service experience, Bob Turley shows us what to look for during fire safety inspections of low-risk low occupant-load buildings that make up more than 70% of the buildings in most communities. This course is based on decades of life-work experience and ongoing research. To read Bob’s comprehensive bio, click here.
Course certificate awarded for final examinations with a 70% or higher score.
A high-speed internet connection and current internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
PDF textbook is available upon request.
- Course administrators are available by email or phone for questions, assistance, and technical support.