Presented in partnership with the Township of Langley Fire Department and by the Institution of Fire Engineers (Canada Branch), this practical and informative workshop provides an opportunity to ask questions directly to Professional Arson Analyst/Profiler and former LA Sheriff’s Arson/Bomb Squad Investigator, Ed Nordskog along with Chris Vallerga, Wildfire Investigation Specialist formerly with California Department of Forestry.
During this two-day workshop several real-world examples will be presented that demonstrate the technical and practical aspects of a wildland fire investigation. Join us to learn:
- How to conduct a professional wildfire investigation
- The technical skills required for a basic investigation
- Why it’s important to adhere to NFPA 921 / National Wildfire Coordinating Group Standards
- The legal repercussions if standards are not adhered to
- Eliminate potential ignition sources and accidental causes: power lines, equipment, vehicles, lightening, agriculture, logging
- The profile of a wildland / serial arsonist
- How to analyze and identify incendiary devices
- Examples of wildland arson case studies
Date: April 22 – 23, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Cost: $399 + GST
Where: Township of Langley Civic Facility Fraser River Presentation Theatre, 20338 – 65th Avenue, Langley, BC
Who should attend?
If you investigate wildfires this is for you! Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity to learn first-hand from two of the premier wildland arson / fire investigators in the world.
- Wildland scene investigation
- Eliminating potential ignition sources and accidental causes
- Learning the profile of a wildland serial arsonist
- Incendiary devices and analysis
- Wildland arson / serial arson case studies
Download the workshop flyer to save the date, print and share.