Wilfred Laurier University and the Brantford Fire Department staged a dorm room burn on campus to demonstrate how quickly people need to react to a fire.
Click here to read more.
After being called in to inspect the boilers at an Airdrie apartment building where a young boy died after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide a Calgary contractor is calling on municipal and provincial authorities to make boiler inspections mandatory.
Calgary's city council has decided against increasing its fire response target from seven minutes to ten. Calgary's fire chief was concerned the longer response time could result in a higher risk for people and property.
The National Fire Protection Association has issued a bulletin on fire hose safety that reminds the fire service of the importance of following NFPA 1961 (Standard on Fire Hose) and NFPA 1962 (Standard for the Care, Use, Inspection, Service Testing and Replacement of Fire Hose, Couplings, Nozzles and Fire Hose Appliances).
Nova Scotia fire departments have responded with new safety measures after a firefighter died as a result of an incident during training that involved a fire extinguisher.
When homeless people sleeping rough try to stay warm using propane, candles or other sources of ignition in makeshift shelters the results can be highly dangerous.
Ontario fire officials are expressing frustration as recent fire fatalities show people are not getting the message that smoke alarms save lives.
After three of four exit doors at Toronto's Union Station were blocked, causing a massive crowd leaving a concert to exit through a single set of doors Toronto Fire Services laid charges against the City of Toronto and Bondfield Construction.