Fire Investigation Online Course – sign up by February 11!
Are you interested in fire investigation education but like many others have found the training options to be inconvenient, unaffordable or both?
What about these challenges:
- unable to spend several days or weeks away to attain a fire investigator designation?
- scheduling conflicts, high travel costs and increased wages when sending your fire department members away to obtain these credentials?
FireWise Learning Academy has the solution!
Complete our standards-based online fire investigation education from the convenience of your computer – either at your fire department or from home. Once complete, attend a scheduled two-and-a-half-day practical skills development and evaluation session. Upon successful completion of the practical and cognitive testing, students will receive ProBoard accreditation from the College of the Rockies.
FireWise is known for its expertise in providing fire investigation education for more than ten years. We have now partnered with the world’s leading fire investigation expert, Dr. John DeHaan, to bring you a blended online and practical education program. With over 40 years’ experience in fire and explosion related forensic science, Dr. DeHaan has been involved in many national and international efforts to improve fire investigation. He has authored six editions of Kirk’s Fire Investigation since 1982, one of the most widely used textbook in the field.
About the program:
- 24 hours of online study time broken down over a 9-week period followed by a two-and a-half-day practical evaluation and written exam
- Follow our 9-week study guide or proceed at your own pace to finish sooner
- Presented on a university-quality, easy to use learning platform
- All chapters of NFPA 921 and the Jones & Bartlett Principles & Practice are presented
- Several subject matter experts, including Dr. DeHaan, contributed to the development of the curriculum
- Course Instructors are available by email or phone for questions and assistance
- 24/7 technical support
- Class size limited to 24 participants
- Practicum includes students participating in a live cubicle burn plus investigation and takes place at Leduc County Fire Services Nisku District Station
- Nisku District Station is conveniently located just 11 minutes from the Edmonton International Airport, very close to Alberta’s major highways and near many hotels
- Study Guides are the current edition of NFPA 921 or Jones and Bartlett’s Fire Investigator Principles and Practice.
Now accepting registrations for the May 15 – 17 practicum dates. Students will start the online course on February 28 and must be successfully finished to attend the practicum in Nisku, Alberta from May 15 – 17, 2019. Class size is limited to just 24 participants!
Don’t delay – limited spots available!
Sign up by February 11 to attend the May 15 – 17 practicum in Nisku, Alberta.