Developed by Pat Hayes, who enjoyed a career in wildfire management with the British Columbia Forest Service (becoming certified as Type-2 Incident Commander/Type-1 Ops. Chief and Type-1 Regional Wildfire Coordination Officer),then continued as Wildfire Strategist for the Coastal Fire Center and Wildfire Management Instructor at Vancouver Island University, this course explores the various methodologies and unique processes that affect wildfires with a focus on wildland fuels, fire behaviour, fire indicators, safety, investigative methods, fire causes and evidence collection to understand how to properly conduct a wildfire cause investigation. This course takes approximately 50 minutes to complete.
Who should take this course?
If you are working to attain a fire investigation designation or current fire investigators, arson investigators or insurance adjusters wanting to enhance their knowledge.
- Explores the methodologies and unique processes that affect wildfires.
- Explains how to properly conduct a wildfire cause investigation.
- Based on Chapter 22 of Jones and Bartlett's Fire Investigator Principles and Practice.
- Can be taken as a stand-alone course or as part of our comprehensive Fire Investigation Education.
- Offers essential yet hard to find knowledge that every fire or arson investigator should know.
- University-quality designed curriculum; easy to navigate learning platform.
Three modules concluding with a final exam.
Online training approximately 1+/- hour(s).
$49.95 plus applicable taxes. Register here.
FireWise has partnered with Pat Hayes, who enjoyed a long career with the BC Forest Service, was a Wildfire Strategist for the BC Coastal Fire Center and Wildfire Management Instructor with Vancouver Island University to bring you this proprietary training program.
Developed by Pat Hayes, former BC Forest Service Wildfire Manager, Wildfire Strategist for the BC Coastal Fire Center and Wildfire Management Instructor with Vancouver Island University.
Course certificate awarded for final examinations with a 70% or higher score.
High speed internet connection and current internet browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
Chapter 22 of Jones & Bartlett’s Fire Investigator Principles and Practice.
- In-house course instructor, Bob Turley is available by email or phone for questions and assistance.
- Technical support available during regular business hours.