Fire Investigation – Electricity and Fire
Developed and presented by a Red Seal construction electrician who is an instructor at an electrical apprenticeship program at a British Columbia university, this course teaches basic electrical concepts and how they relate to fire. This module is ideal for firefighters, arson investigators and insurance adjusters working to attain a Fire Investigator designation or current fire investigators wanting to enhance their knowledge. The course takes approximately one hour to complete.
Who should take this course?
If you are are working to attain a fire investigation designation or current fire investigators, arson investigators or insurance adjusters wanting to enhance their knowledge.
- Teaches basic electrical concepts and how they relate to fire.
- Curriculum based on Chapter 7 of Jones and Bartlett's Fire Investigator Principles and Practice.
- Can be taken as a stand-alone course or as part of our comprehensive Fire Investigation Education.
- Offers essential yet hard to find knowledge that every fire or arson investigator should know.
- University-quality designed curriculum; easy to navigate learning platform.
Three modules concluding with a final exam.
Online training 1+/- hours.
$49.95 plus applicable taxes. Register here.
FireWise has partnered with Mike Turley, a Red Seal construction electrician that teaches the Electrical Apprenticeship Program at Thompson Rivers University to deliver this proprietary training program.
Developed by Mike Turley, an Electrical Apprenticeship Instructor and certified Red Seal Electrician.
Course certificate awarded for final examinations with a 70% or higher score.
High speed internet connection and current internet browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
Chapter 7 of Jones and Bartlett's Fire Investigator Principles and Practice.
- In-house course instructor, Bob Turley is available by email or phone for questions and assistance.
- Technical support available during regular business hours.